Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Family Art Party!

This weekend, instead of hosting a group of women to create art--I hosted my family!  We had our own little "Family Art Party"!  We each created a mixed media piece based on Art & Technology for the Del Ray Artisans Show, "Revolution".  The show opens Friday, April 4th with an opening reception from 7-10 p.m. and runs through April 27th.  Our family had a fun evening creating and spending time together!  We each used similar parts (old disk drives, keyboard keys, computer parts, cell phones, etc), but all of our artwork turned out so differently!  We each have a different take on technology too!  I tend to find it frustrating and intimidating, while the rest of the family seems to embrace it a bit more.  I am so happy and grateful that my family shares a love of creating and I hope to have more "Family Art Parties" in the future!  Feel free to stop by the show if you are in town!  Art Update:  SOLD-two pieces down, two to go!  Congrats Paul and Autumn!


No comments:

Post a Comment