One week from today, I will be heading back to OBX to host my SOLD OUT “Artful Awakenings Retreat!” I have been dreaming of this retreat for years and planning for months! I can’t believe this dream is taking flight and is almost here! I can't wait to share this experience with all the amazing women who have registered for the retreat! Check back in a couple weeks for photos from our wonderful weekend!
In the meantime, I was lucky enough to spend spring break in the Outer Banks, where I literally took FLIGHT for the first time when I went hang gliding with my family at Jockey’s Ridge! We had been planning on hang gliding for over a year now (thanks to a gift card from the Annandale Turys), but this was our first opportunity to actually do it! We called late Sunday afternoon to make a reservation later in the week. We were told that the days we wanted were booked and the weather didn’t look good later in the week. The person on the phone asked if we could fly that day and be there ready to go in an hour or so. SURE—Why not?! I am SO glad we did!!! Turns out that was the Perfect day for hang gliding (despite the high winds and threat of cancellation) and the Only day that week the weather cooperated! Once we had our intro, we headed for the dunes and took turns taking flight! WOW—what a thrill! I LOVED it! The first time flying, I couldn’t wait to climb the dune and do it again…and again…and again! Luckily, we each got five flights! I will definitely be doing this again!
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you will long to return.” -Leonardo da Vinci
Other highlights and beach adventures include:
- finding and trying to help an injured baby seal pup! I loved this little pup and took long walks to check on him a couple times a day, even when I was the only crazy one out there in the cold and wind and rain. Thanks to the Park Service and Karen at N.E.S.T. for following up on my calls. Hope this little guy made it!
- watching Paul and Zoe run their first 5K in the rain and in full color! Congrats--so proud!
- spending time with my family
- collecting and photographing sea shells
- reading, resting, enjoying the beauty of the ocean, the sky, the sound
- coloring eggs and celebrating Easter
Bye for now OBX...I'll be back soon!