Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

2012 was definitely an Artful year for me!  I started with a blank canvas--having no idea where my creative journey would take me.  I joined the Del Ray Artisans gallery and participated in 3 shows there.  I even had my first gallery sale!  I also participated in a group show at Herndon Artspace.  I went to my first Art Retreat (CREATE) in NJ where I learned all kinds of new mixed media techniques and met lots of great people (thanks Jodi and Cindy)!  I also had an awesome time taking an online art business class--Flying Lessons (thanks Kelly Rae and fellow flyers)!  I am happy to say that I created over 20 fun new pieces of art in 2012!  In addition to realizing some of my ART dreams, I was able to realize one of my lifetime dreams of seeing the Northern Lights!  They were truly amazing!  I am so grateful for my wonderful year of ART and ADVENTURE and for my family who put up with all my crazy ideas!

Once again, I am starting the year with a blank canvas.  I am not sure what Artful opportunities await me in 2013.  I am open to possibility and hope to fill this year with creativity, celebration, and inspiration!  I am wishing these things for YOU too!  Where are you headed on YOUR creative journey?  Keep me posted...  Happy New Year! oxox jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment