Sunday, April 2, 2017

Free as a Feather Thank You!


I enjoyed teaching my "Free as a Feather" art workshop the other night!  Thanks to all the wonderful women who joined me!  Love your special feather messages--each so beautiful, personal and unique!  Here are a few photos from our evening and a little background on my fascination with feathers.  May your spirits be free and your dreams take flight! xxoo ~Jackie


When I was a child, I was told that feathers were dirty and carried disease and to NEVER pick them up!  As a child, I believed this and did what I was told.  However, as an adult, I no longer simply do as I'm told.  I am drawn to feathers--their beauty, their connection to freedom and flight.  So, I began picking them up!  I became fascinated with feathers--wondering which birds they came from, what messages they were carrying, what meaning and symbolism I could apply to my life and circumstances.  And thus, my collection began.  Two of my favorite feathers are my red-tailed hawk feather and my brilliant blue jay feather found just days before my workshop!  Hope you enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment