Couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous fall day for an outdoor art festival (though a little less wind would have been nice)! We had great weather and huge crowds all day long! I had lots of art admirers visit my booth! Several people wanted to touch my paintings (and did) because the glossy finish gives my paintings a glass-like look. Lots of people called my art colorful, happy, gorgeous, pretty, beautiful, bright, cheerful, and joyful! All adjectives I am very happy to have associated with my art! After all, the reason I create my art in the first place is because it makes me happy and by sharing it through shows, classes, and retreats, I am hoping to spread that joy to others and make them happy too! Some of the highlights of the festival for me were:
1) Having a life/executive coach who had never purchased a big piece of art before buy my "let your spirit soar" painting for her office to help inspire her clients!
2) Another woman wanting to buy the same painting!
3) Seeing a steady flow of little girls come sit before my lotus painting!
4) Having both big and little girls ooh and ahh over my mermaids!
5) Having my entire family help and support me through the whole process! Thank you SO much "Team Tury!" I couldn't have done it without you!
6) Being interviewed by 5th grader Mia who was instructed by her art teacher to interview "a real artist!"
7) Having friends and family surprise me by stopping by my booth including my mother-in law, Anne Marie, Christine, Maureen and family, Sam, Kimberly and Mia, Stacy, Jen, Dawn, Martha and Anna, Linda, Bonnie, and more!
8) Having friendly, supportive vendors surrounding me!
9) Selling 2 large pieces of art and 10 small pieces!
All in all, a great way to spend a fall day and a great first experience with a juried outdoor art festival!
Thanks again to my family and friends, to everyone who purchased my art and to everyone who visited my booth! You all helped make this a great experience for me!