Opening night was a huge success despite the rain! The highlights for me were:
1) Having everyone blown away by Paul's 3-d masterpiece(s).
2) Turning around at the end of the night and seeing a red dot next to one of my paintings "Girl on Fire!" SOLD--so exciting!
3) Both of my daughters having art in the show--and selling some of their pieces too. So great to have my whole family working together not only to curate the show, but to participate in it as well!
4) Chatting with a nice couple who ended up writing an article about the show and about our family, calling us the "First Family of Art!" Thanks James for the great press! Check out his articles in the Examiner!
5) Talking with all the other DRA artists and hearing how music influenced their art!
6) Getting a surprise visit from family and friends--thanks Scott, Elena, Charlotte, Chris, Nancy, John, and Laurie!
Even better than this night of fun and surprises was the day my husband Paul and I took off work to hang the show! This was our first time curating a show and we weren't sure what to expect. We had quite a collection of submissions. Everything from jewelry to glasswork, collage, sculpture, paintings, pastels, landscapes, abstracts, and mixed media. In some pieces the connection to music was obvious in others it was more of an essence or energy. We tried to group pieces in the way that made the most sense to us visually. Luckily we were on the same page and the result was a fun, creative, harmonious day of hanging art and producing a show that brings the spirit of "Music in Art" to life! I love that Paul and I were able to share this experience together--so meaningful and satisfying! Paul is my "Music in Art!" So proud of what we've accomplished together! Hope this is just the beginning of what's to come!
Thanks to everyone who has helped us with our curating debut! We appreciate all of your support and couldn't have done it without you!
The show still has a couple weeks left! Come on out and see "Music in Art" for yourself!